Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Flow Driven Angular Motion Results

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jwilkers
564 Views, 3 Replies

Issues with Flow Driven Angular Motion Results

I am running simulations on a vertical turbine with CFD 2012, but getting results that are unrealistic. 

I have the flow driven angular solid in a rotating region, but it seems that no matter how I apply parameters to the simulation I get motion results that have enormously high torque and rotation speeds.  Also, if I do not start with an initial rotation, the starting rotation is opposite of what I would expect.

I have been through all the rotating turbomachinery and hydraulic turbine help files I could find, but cannot find what my problem is.

Any thoughts?

Platform: 2XCPU's- Xeon® Processor X5647 with 12 GB RAM and NVIDIA Quadro 5000 Running 64-b Windows 7 Pro
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
derrek.cooper
in reply to: jwilkers

Some of these problems can vary a bit. Probably makes sense to engage with support so they can better understand what you are trying to do..
Derrek Cooper
Director, Inventor Products
Message 3 of 4
jwilkers
in reply to: derrek.cooper

I am not seeing any method for starting a support ticket for Autodesk Simulation CFD 2012 except for emailing an address at cfdesign.com, which seems a bit out of date.  Am I missing something?

Platform: 2XCPU's- Xeon® Processor X5647 with 12 GB RAM and NVIDIA Quadro 5000 Running 64-b Windows 7 Pro
Message 4 of 4
todd.alford
in reply to: jwilkers

You should be able to create a case on the subscription center, but if this wasn't activated for you we will get that fixed along the way.  For now send the information to the old cfdesign email so that I can effectively help you.

Thanks,

Todd Alford

Todd Alford
Sr. Learning Content Developer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report