Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISO Surface clipping in reverse?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
chien_fu
686 Views, 4 Replies

ISO Surface clipping in reverse?

I am looking to determine slow moving particles in our current analysis.  In using an ISO surface it first shows the fastest moving particles and moves outward to include slowest moving particles.  Is there a way to show slowest or non-moving particles FIRST?

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Royce_adsk
in reply to: chien_fu

I don't quite follow your question here.

An iso-surface will display a surface of a specific value that you set for a quantitiy that you want to view.  Anything inside of the surface has a larger value and anything outside of the surface has a smaller value.

If you want to see 'slower' fluid, set your iso-surface to that value.  If it is difficult to view your model from there sometimes adding a plane down the middle of the model and turn on clipping will allow you to see inside of the model.

You might also want to refer to my comment about Local Mean Age in your other case to find 'stale' fluid inside of a model.

-Royce

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 5
chien_fu
in reply to: Royce_adsk

I am looking for the surface to encapsulate particles of a lower value instead of a higher value.  I'm also looking into the Local mean age you suggested.  Thanks.

Message 4 of 5
derrek.cooper
in reply to: chien_fu

I'm not sure I understand the question fully. You can create an ISO surface for high and small values using the slider. But, ISO refers to 1 value.. So if you have pressure of 1 bar and you want to see the pressure of 1 bar everywhere in the model, that is what ISO is used for.

On the other hand, if you want to see a range of values -- you want to use "filtering" (right click in the graphics). This will allow you to see a rage of pressures from say 0-0.5

Derrek Cooper
Director, Inventor Products
Message 5 of 5
chien_fu
in reply to: derrek.cooper

Thanks, I think I'm catching on.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report