Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inviscid Analysis

25 REPLIES 25
SOLVED
Message 1 of 26
matthew.brown
1400 Views, 25 Replies

Inviscid Analysis

Does anybody have an idea of how one might approach an inviscid (essentially potential flow) analysis using CFDesign/Simulation CFD?  Is this even possible?  Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks.

25 REPLIES 25
Message 21 of 26

Not perfect, but close!

Message 22 of 26

Royce,

Another issue.  I tried to do this with some different geometry.  I used the same settings, except the analysis is no longer axisymmetric but rather 2D cartesian with multiple bodies.  Instead of the high velocity flow at the wall I am now seeing very low velocity flow at the wall, almost as if there were a boundary forming.   I have attached my share file, if you have a second to look it over I would appreciate it.Screenshot.jpg

Message 23 of 26

Here are the XY coordinates for data extraction.  FYI:  the cp's I gave in the spreadsheet were calculated from the velocity magnitude (rather than the calculated cp).    cp= 1- (v/V)^2  and V=1 m/s so cp = 1 -Vmag^2.

Message 24 of 26
Royce_adsk
in reply to: matthew.brown

Matt,

Turn off the slip boundary conditions for the potential flow simulation.  That is degrading the results.  Go back and try your other problem again after removing the slip boundary conditions and see if that helps with the comarison to your benchmark.

I would also consider changing the edge mesh around the profiles to 3600 elements with no biasing.  Since we have a 2D model that solves in 1 iteration, we might as well increase the mesh around the profiles.

no Slip.png

mesh.png

-Royce

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

Message 25 of 26
matthew.brown
in reply to: Royce_adsk

Beautiful!  Thanks again.

Message 26 of 26
gghandsfield
in reply to: Royce_adsk

Hello, 

I am trying to use Simulation CFD 2015 to conduct Laplacian simulations over complex geometries. In Simulation CFD 2015, I do not see a Quick Forced Convection option in the Solve-Physics dialogue. Is the Quick Forced Convection still a setting or has this been phased out?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report