Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inventor to cfd simulation

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
olivian.diaconescu
2205 Views, 8 Replies

inventor to cfd simulation

Hello,

I'm a beginner to use CFD simulation and Inventor too.I want to see how work the airflow, pressure and other parameters for a wing. I want to see what wing is better for my airplane, but i want to see why? For that i want to use Inventor 2013 and CFD simulation 2013. My problem is how i could transfer the part from inventor to cfd to make the simulation. I don't understand what he does here the guy from Poland.

Could somebody explain to me?

The film is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCW3kmECCi0

If i tranfer only the wing without the box nothing works.Could somebody to show me some exemples? I make the tutorials form cfd but there isn't the transfer from inventor, there is only the final.

Thanks in advance for your help,

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Hi Olivian,

I think you did that as i send you an image. İf you want to simulate your wing you will have to air which means you have to cuboid model for air. You should model a cuboid and you have to put your wing in this box. So you can simulate your wing.

inventor.png

Message 3 of 9

Of course i know that. I make a box and i put the wing in the box, but doesn't work. I will try.

Anyway, someone knows where i could find for CFD or for Multiphysics a book en pdf format to learn.

My email adress is : olivian.diaconescu@gmail.com

thanks,

Message 4 of 9

Hi Olivian,

Maybe you can share your model so we can find what problem is.

Best Regards,

Berkan

Message 5 of 9

Hi,

Please could you also explain what you mean by 'doesn't work'?

Have you got to the point of running airflow over it? If not, how far have you got? Sharing a CFZ as Berkan suggested would be handy.

Did you consider running in 2D?

Best regards,

Jon

Message 6 of 9

Olivian,

All of our tutorials have an Inventor version that you can use to launch from inventor and bring to Simulation CFD.

If you are that new I would recommend going through our Self-Paced Training as you will experience launching in that form as well

But more information than 'doesnt work' would be useful so that we can help educate what the missing steps are.

As Jon mentioned for Wing Profiles, 2D is great. Take a look at our External Compressible Flow Tutorial as this is a 2D model and will get you thinking about how it can be applied to your model.

Apolo

Message 7 of 9

hello to all,

Thaks for that. What I'm intrested is to make some studies for my miniplane and I want to know if the selected profile of wing is the best. I want to make something like in the next video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti5zUD08w5s.

I will study the tutorial and after that if i have understandings il will contact you again.

I will keep in touch.

Best regards,

Message 8 of 9
ajay.s
in reply to: olivian.diaconescu

Dear olivian,

From the video you attached, I believe you are interested in determining right aerofoil for your wing which can account for,

STALL, SHOCK, Wing WAKE etc..

1). As suggested by Jon, do consider a 2D model (Aerofoil in your case). Design an Aerofoil based on your selected NACA series in Inventor and send it across to CFD. Use Geomentry Tools to create the Control Volume(CV) across the aerofoil and run your simulation. W.r.t Angle of attack- more info. is provided in wiki help-Autodesk (i.e. by tilting the CV to desired angle).

2). If you are interested in 3D model, design your wing in inventor and do follow steps of CV creation in CFD and tilt CV for desired Angle of Attack. Now, you can determine the LIFT & DRAG of your selected wing on top of shocks by pressure values.

3). As suggested by Appollo, I would recomment you to follow CFD Tutorials as start-up.

All the best 🙂

Kind Regards,

Ajay.S

Tags (2)
Message 9 of 9

Hi Jon,
Until i study the tutorials can you tell me where can I find a 2d exemple for learning this?
Thanks,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report