Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indirect gas fired heat exchanger

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
tugberk_ozar
486 Views, 5 Replies

Indirect gas fired heat exchanger

Good days,

I am trying to simulate a natural gas combusted air heater.

unfortunately, there is not a combustion model for sim cfd.

I am trying to model it as a 0.99 resistance metarial with a heat generation and created a flue gas metarial with its thermodynamic properties then with a volume flow rate moved it through to the resistance, but the results are not satisfying.

Is there anyone who tested this king of a simulation?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: tugberk_ozar

Hi,

It sounds like your approach is OK. Can you describe (or show) your setup vs real life and also detail what is not satisfying about the results?

Thanks!

Jon

Message 3 of 6
tugberk_ozar
in reply to: Jon.Wilde

Thank you for your reply mr Wilde.
May I send you the support file?
Message 4 of 6
Jon.Wilde

Sure, can you post it here?

Please also provide some details about what you are seeing from CFD vs what you are expecting to see.

Many thanks,

Jon

Message 5 of 6
tugberk_ozar
in reply to: Jon.Wilde

I am recently trying to simulate an industrial heater which is Accorroni Mec C 35 and i am also sending its specs. That is a school project of a friend of mine and i know that the product have some over heating problems so firstly i am trying to simulate the ral product then i wish to make some upgrades on the design.

And my problem is on analysis i am reading unrealistic temperature values like 1*E6 C. after some mesh independent analyses results did not change.

Thanks

Message 6 of 6
Jon.Wilde

Hi,

This is a pretty good setup to start with, nearly there I think.

A few things though:

1. You need to split the fan up so that the inlet surfaces and the outlet are not sharing an edge - so increase it's diameter so it is wider than the inlets and then extend it's length so it is touching the surfaces
  2. Extend all inlet and outlets to 5x diameter in length
  3. Refine your mesh - the fan needs a uniform mesh and you will need far more in the gaps within the heat exchanger. Aim for a minimum of 4-5 elements through gaps globally as a starting point

I hope that helps,

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report