Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

humidity model

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
brian.shassian
702 Views, 2 Replies

humidity model

I'm trying to model a naturally ventilated room.  The major heat gain is from occupants, both sensible and latent heat load.  I have been able to figure out the sensible load, but as of now i cannot come up with a work around to provide latent heat load to the room.  I have found that you can include humid/moist air int he model, but cannot have humidity generation/latent loading in the room.

Are there any work arounds to model this type of humidity in natural ventilation?  I'm worried that air movement due to differences in  humidity is not insignificant and needs to be accounted for.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
nhahn
in reply to: brian.shassian

I would also love any hints on "humidity generation."  I had a model about 2 years ago with a basically sealed space that had both a cooling heat exchanger (condensation) and an ultrasonic humidifier (makeup humidity) that I really wanted to model, but couldn't find a good way to simulate in [what was then called] CFDesign, since the humidifier took in room air rather than an external source.

Message 3 of 3
Royce_adsk
in reply to: nhahn

In terms of Nick's case that sounds easier to expalin a potential solution.

If you were going to assume a fixed outlet condition of the humidifier you could suppress the volume for the humidifier and just have inlet conditions of flow rate/humidity and a outlet (what would be the return of the humidifier) as flow rate.

In terms of Brians's question, I would need some more detail and/or a conversation with him offline.  Might be a good reason to call into support.

-Royce

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report