Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HPC for Autodesk Simulation CFD

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jiao.wang
530 Views, 2 Replies

HPC for Autodesk Simulation CFD

We are running a project to setup a HPC server for Autodesk Simulation CFD. Per my understanding, Autodesk Simulation CFD only support 32 cores for computings. So I am wondering if HPC cluster is not required since one dedicated server with 4CPU (8Core/CPU) can meet this requirement.

I am not sure what is the performance difference between 32core/node (4CPU/node, 8Core/CPU) and 32core/4node (2CPU/node, 4Core/CPU) for Autodesk Simulation CFD. I am wondering if anybody has experience or performance benchmark on this. Your input is appreciated. Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: jiao.wang

In our experience, you would be better off with a single node with 32 cores. Simpler to set up and you won't need to worry about the more complex setup of HPC runs - you could simply run from your desktop to the server, easy.

Best regards,

Jon

Message 3 of 3
jiao.wang
in reply to: jiao.wang

Thanks for update. This is helpful. I am wondering if anybody has experiene about the performance difference between 32core/node (4CPU/node, 8Core/CPU) and 32core/4node (2CPU/node, 4Core/CPU) for Autodesk Simulation CFD. This may be helpful for me to convince mgmt team which is best option of HPC solution for Autodesk Simulation CFD. Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report