Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to pause and resume a download in simulation job manager?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
kabindrabhattarai
920 Views, 3 Replies

How to pause and resume a download in simulation job manager?

The simulation job manager is downloading an analysis from the cloud to my machine. It is using a lot of the connection speed my company has. I'd like to pause this download now and resume it later after five when nobody needs the network connection. How can I do it?

-Kabindra

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dmytty
in reply to: kabindrabhattarai

I'm finding out that downloading results is not reliable.  I assumed that a computer did not need to be attached to the remote solver at all times, but now it seems that if I try to download results while the model is still solving the sync eventually stops completely.

Message 3 of 4
Royce_adsk
in reply to: dmytty

Hello,

You can't 'schedule' your download.  The best you could do it close down the simulation job manager program until you want to download it.  A very harsh way to manage your bandwidth, but possible.

I have also seen sync issues after closing down and reopening models that are solving in the cloud. What I typically see is once the model is finished it does reconnect and download the results.  Sometimes, I even see the convergence plot being updated, but the graphic window doesn't update with the most current results.  I hope that helps.

-Royce

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

Message 4 of 4

Thanks Royce! I noticed closing the simulation job manager did seem to work.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report