I wanted to make users more aware of some solutions out there that give instructions on how to reach the technical support team through either...
Reminder that web and phone support are only for those that are on active subscription. Subscription users are welcome to contact technical support for any sort of How-To, Troubleshooting, or even to discuss future projects to make sure you start in the right direction before you begin working. We are here to help!
Another Video to reference!
Your best bet at reaching us is by creating a web case. This way you can upload support share files (extension .cfz NOT .cfdst) and add as much detail as possible so the support team can resolve your case as fast as possible. We actively monitor these cases and will get back to you as soon as possible! Just because you created a web case doesn't mean we won't give you a call.
If you have any logon issue, access, or need assitance from our customer support team there are many resources located here:
If a simulation job fails to solve in the cloud, meaning you can't upload the job, solve, or download to the client software on your desktop when complete, the following diagnostics information should be provided with your case.
- %TEMP%\DSSP.log (C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp\DSSP.log) - This is the Simulation Job Manager (SJM) log file and is the most important item to collect since it includes details of all network errors which may be occurring.
- %TEMP%\ujmcdump.dmp & %TEMP%\ujmcdump.txt - These files are created if the Simulation Job Manager (SJM) crashes and can be used to diagnose the reason for the crash.
- %LOCALAPPDATA%\Autodesk\Web Services (C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Web Services) - This folder contains information from your sign on and can be very useful when diagnosing permission / entitlement / sign-on issues.
- Simulation Job Log - This information can be captured using the context menu (right click) in Simulation Job Manager (SJM) on a relevant job and selecting 'Job Log'. This will display a job specific log in a text editor, this file can then be saved to the desktop and attached to your case.
- If the problem being observed is model or scenario specific, please provide the support file (.cfz). We are not able to access customer data on the cloud so would need their model to reproduce the failure.
- I would not post these logs to the forum, but instead log a case and provide the files there.
You are of always welcome to work through the forums!
Simulation CFD Tech Support Team
Solved! Go to Solution.
Please provide any feedback positive or negative on your experiences working with a technical support rep, the support platform, the autodesk support phone system, or anything that you would like!
I have tried to submit a case specifically for CFD but the pulldown for the product selection does not work. I can not enter the product either. Without it, my case will not submit.
The instructions shown for creating a new case, in step 2 states; ..."Request Support."... However, the actual web site does not have a "Request Support" function. Do you have instructions that actually match the functionality of the web site?
It can be a bit confusing, but that solution is correct. The reason being is that all standard end users of software in a companies support contract default to not having phone and web support access.
It is up to the contract manager/software coordinator at your company to assign various privaliages to their users.
Find your Contract Manager/Software Coordinator:
Edit Permissions - Done by contract manager or software coordinator:
How does one obtain a subscription to Autodesk? I am extremely interested in obtaining web or phone support, in the interest of better conducting a research thesis I am presently undertaking. I have already got a student licence to both Revit and Simulation CFD.
The phone link in the very first post says it no longer exists. The web link in that post takes me to a general product page, and I still haven't found my way to the subscription center to log a request and upload a file. I tried to go to the "Find your Contract Manager/Software Coordinator" , but that link takes me to yet another web page that states the page I'm looking for no longer exists.
Is there any tech support that can help us find tech support? LOL...
Those links should now be fixed. We recently updated our backend which apparently is breaking many of our old links.