Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the height in a 2D Simulation ?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
alexandre75
295 Views, 4 Replies

How to change the height in a 2D Simulation ?

Hello everyone !

I am Alexandre a French engineering student working on a Savonius rotor. In order to have faster simulations, I decided to study a 2D model of the rotor. However, I heard that the software CFD Simulation uses a height of 1mm as a default height. However, I would like to study the influence of the height on my Savonius rotor performance.

Does someone know how to change the height on a 2D model ?

Thank you very much, this would really help me !

Kind regards,

Alexandre

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pmenzies10
in reply to: alexandre75

Hi Alexandre,

If there is an influence of hieght, then it should not be studied as a 2D analysis.  Your comment is also not precise, Simulation CFD uses a unit depth for 2D geometry - if your analysis units are meters, then your height is 1 meter.

Thanks,

Peggy

Message 3 of 5
alexandre75
in reply to: pmenzies10

Hello and thank you for this answer. My analysis units are the meters and I saw indeed that CFD simulation uses "a unith of deph" but I though it was "1mm" as I input all my lengh in mm in inventor. Can you confirm that in 2D the height of my Savonius is 1m then ?

Message 4 of 5
pmenzies10
in reply to: alexandre75

Are you sure?  This is an image from your original file.  

original rotor.JPG

Message 5 of 5
alexandre75
in reply to: pmenzies10

Oh ok I though you meant physical units (thus it would have been the meter). But no, I am indeed in mm in CFD simulation ! Is it possible to switch to meters in order to have a one meter tall rotor then ?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report