Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heat Dissipation

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ajay.s
430 Views, 3 Replies

Heat Dissipation

Hello CFDexperts,

Pls help me in this regard,

Problem Definition:

"A box filled completly with vacuum and tube/pipe with water extends its way outside of either side of box and a chip has been placed on top of tube. -Water inside tube acts as cooling for chip by means of conduction and water is not exposed to vacuum inside entire box.

To Know:

1. Can we define vacuum in CFD & how ?

2. How to find Heat Dissipation in Vacuum ?

Thanks-n-advance

Kind Regards,

Ajay.S

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Royce_adsk
in reply to: ajay.s

1. Can we define vacuum in CFD & how ?

This is going to have a very low conductivity and density.  You will assume that the flow in the vacuum is stagnant.

2. How to find Heat Dissipation in Vacuum ?

There will not be very much conductivity through the vacuum so the primary mode of heat transfer from the chip to the housing is going to be radiation.  The rest and probably most of the energy is going to be captured by the water pipe.

Considerations:

Can we ignore the vacuum and use radiation boundary conditions on the outside of the chip?

Can we assume that all the energy is transferred to the water and ignore and other paths of heat transfer?

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

Message 3 of 4
ajay.s
in reply to: Royce_adsk

Dear Royce,

I appreciate your response. Many Thanks

Here,

1. The condition tested in reality is through Vacuum and I want to know whether CFD can handle /Define Vacuum pls?

2. Yes here only pipe is the element where heat dissipated from Chip is transferred and NOT contact with water exist.

Kind Regards,

Ajay.S

Message 4 of 4
ajay.s
in reply to: ajay.s

Dear Royce,

Please keep this post open until we get more clarity on this and could be helpful for new beginners who were looking for same.
Many Thanks for your support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report