Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hangout with CFD Support

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Royce_adsk
565 Views, 7 Replies

Hangout with CFD Support

So, we are thinking of trying something new from the support team here.  The idea is to have a 'hangout' where we in the support staff host a video chat live like in a webinar.  We would start with a topic to talk about then open it to Q&A where you guys could basically ask us anything you like.

If you were to join what would you like us to talk about?  Keep the topics to CFD.

Thanks!

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Just some general thoughts:

1.  More detailed electronics thermal analysis discussions.  It's becoming a huge part of my business.  It's requested by pretty much every electrical group I run into.  I hear a lot about it, but I honestly don't see much in predictive successes out in the real world.  Maybe users and your team can share resources (such as where to get theta JB and theta JC info, or at least how to work around it when you can't).

2.  Any great visualizations your team has seen/done.  Being a football fan, I did a flow analysis of our stadium (because of concerns of the effects of wind on our team's passing game).  I struggled with a good flow visualization of the entire stadium.  

3.  Maybe a quick walk-through of how CFD Simulation saves files and results.  I poked around trying to figure it out, but I end up with a bunch of different analysis that seem to be numbered automatically by the software, as well as ones with *_support" in their names, too.  Gets kinda confusing where my latest save was.

Will it be interactive?  Thanks for offering this in advance.  Count me in!

Message 3 of 8

Hi John,

Great ideas!

Could you share your stadium model with me? It would make an interesting model to use with an advanced viz talk.

Thanks,

Royce

Royce.Abel

Message 4 of 8

How do I share this file with you, as it was too big to upload here, so I put it on my 360 account?

BTW, its name is "Mile High CFD_1.cfz"

Message 5 of 8

Yup!  Put it in your 360 account and message me a link unless you don't mind to share it with the forum.

-Royce

Royce.Abel

Message 6 of 8

Sent you the link.

Message 7 of 8
RAALVM
in reply to: Royce_adsk

It will be mice if you'll have some topics for newbies:

a) about meshing best practices

b) explain how turbulence models fit to different kind of flow

c) how to do simulation and compare them to experimental values

And where will these hangouts will be posted (a link)

Message 8 of 8
mike.stroup
in reply to: RAALVM

Indeed.. which turb models for the various types of flow scenarios..(External, internal, transonic, unsteady etc etc etc)

and target Y+ goals.. and means to tweak to achieve these Y+ goals.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report