Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Surface Problem and Internal Pressure Outlet (possible?)

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
BlnPhoenix
685 Views, 21 Replies

Free Surface Problem and Internal Pressure Outlet (possible?)

Hello,

i have two separate questions basically:

1) I'm trying to run a free surface simulation with my geometry (see attached files). I set it up as it's said in the help (two parts, one has the VOF initial condition, finer mesh in the contact region etc.). The results seem to be ok, but two parts i set up as solid materials seem to have fluid in it, which was not supposed. What could be the problem with the setup here??

freesurface.gif

2) A more general question: I want to have a volume within the fluid part of my geometry (same as above) as the pressure outlet. See following picture:geometry.jpg

Is this possible in Simulation CFD 2015? I tried to give it the pressure outlet boundary condition but i think it was not recognized as an outlet during the calculations...

Thanks a lot for suggestions!

-Clemens

21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22
BlnPhoenix
in reply to: Jon.Wilde

Hi Jon,

yes, it adds elements to the approximate count after including a refinement region. It seems the element count roughly triples after meshing (from ~200,000 to ~620,00 total elements in message window). So i can work with that rough estimation...

What seems to be a bigger problem though is, that my 1/2 takes much longer to mesh and even sometimes crashes. I'm doing the same meshing steps as in the full geometry.. I'm thinking of switching back to the full geometry again...

-Clemens

Message 22 of 22
BlnPhoenix
in reply to: BlnPhoenix

Hi,

i'm still working on my case and got some interesting results out of it. I would like to cut the calculation time a bit though. I have around 2 - 2.5 Mio. cells and a time step size of t = 0.001 for a transient analysis of rotating disc's with 160 RPM. 

Is there room of improvement?

Thanks!

-Clemens

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report