Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force as boundary condition

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
CFAsmo
339 Views, 2 Replies

Force as boundary condition

Hello, 

Now I have a question for the dynamic simulation. Is this to det a spring force in the dynamic simulation that works against hydraulic pressure? In the edge terms it does not seem to be possible, there is only "pressure" as definition there.

I'm grateful for every help.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: CFAsmo

Hi,

If I understand you correctly you should have an internal part (a poppet of valve) that is moving? To this you could assign a Motion condition, using the Motion thumbnail at the top. Here you could set it to move linearly and also assign a spring force to it. This would act behind the valve and we would see motion of it as the hydrostatic forces act also.

I suggest you refer to the help once you are in the spring setup, it gives some useful advice on the direction (this sign) that the forces must be given.

Kind regards,

Jon

Message 3 of 3
CFAsmo
in reply to: Jon.Wilde

Hello,

Great thanks to your reply. I've searched in wrong options but now i found it.  The "Force" property to choose is to be done directly on the valve in motion-conditions. 

Very nice! 

cheers 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report