Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fluid Gap Elements

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
niall.smyth
368 Views, 2 Replies

Fluid Gap Elements

Hi there,

I was reviewing the hangout on mesh troubleshooting which is a fantastic resource to have available!  In it Jon mentions that the fluid gap element setting at  3 or 4 fluid gap elements seem to be optimum based on previous work done.  Just wondering is this for a particular gap size etc or if you have any examples showing how the optimum gap element count was reached?

As always thanks in advance for your help and advice!

cheers,
Niall

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: niall.smyth

This was tested on a pretty intricate valve model that I saw and I am sure on others too.

Could I suggest you run both and compare the results to see if there is any difference? I suspect there will not be 🙂

You might even be OK with two.

Message 3 of 3
LKania
in reply to: niall.smyth

This parameter is a dimensionless quantity and essentially defines a mesh length scale based on the local gap size. Owing to the presence of the boundary layer mesh, the minimum recommended value for this parameter is 2 though 3 or 4 will yield a better mesh in these regions all depending on what sort of RAM you have available. 

Lee Kania

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report