Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flat lines detected in Convergence Monitor - Auto Stop.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Cscelzi
1336 Views, 4 Replies

Flat lines detected in Convergence Monitor - Auto Stop.

I am trying to simulate airflow through a duct and out grilles. When i run the simulation it ends pretty quickly and reads Flat lines detected in Convergence Monitor - Auto Stop. in the message window. There is no flow through the duct or out the grilles? What does Flat lines detected in Convergence Monitor - Auto Stop. mean and how would i fix it?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Cnoj
in reply to: Cscelzi

The flat lines message means your simulation completed successfully:

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Simulation_CFD/enu/2013/Help/0407-Learning407/0687-Self-Pac687/0704-Cha...

Sounds like you have not set up the flow correctly.

Inventor 2013/Pro SP2
SimCFD 2015 SP2
Win7-64bit
Message 3 of 5
Cscelzi

I have an air mass in my room and also I have multiple air masses inside my ductwork in a series that connects to the outside. I have a volumetric flow rate set at the inlet which pulls from outside the room geometry.i have then smaller air masses which connect to the outside and have a pressure of 0 set to those. Do I need to have anymore boundary conditions set where the multiple air masses connect?
Message 4 of 5
OmkarJ

A picture would be helpful here. As long as different regions of your geometry are connected and have same material, there is no other boundary condition needed. 

The message your reported is actually an indication that SimCFD thinks the average value plots have flattened. If you are not happy with the current convergence, you can always adjust the setting of Solve >> Solution Control >> Automatic Convergence Assessment as tight, or even unclick it and stop the iterations when you see the lines flatten.

OJ

Message 5 of 5
ilyas_drawbridge

Hi, you don't need to do anything between the interface of two like fluid materials. Sim CFD would treat it as one fluid domain.

I once imported a duct model from revit and ran an analysis. My duct was modelled along with the AC. I applied a volume flow rate at the inlet duct surface but forgot to suppress my solid AC. Hence, the inlet became a wall and there was no flow and the solver stops immediately after a few iterations. Could this be your case?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report