Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flag ISC_time_step_multiplier

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
OmkarJ
379 Views, 1 Reply

Flag ISC_time_step_multiplier

Hi, 

I happened to notice this flag ISC_time_step_multiplier, and was intrigued if I could use it. I understand that when ISC is turned on, SiMCFD uses pseudo transient solver. After initial few hundred iterations, when the plots begin to stabilize, if I could increase the timescales of the solver, I can achieve the convergence more faster. But setting the value for this flag as 1, 10 and 100 didn't give me any noticeable change in terms of no. of iterations needed for convergence.Are there any recommendations as to how we can use it? 

Thanks

Omkar

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Royce_adsk
in reply to: OmkarJ

The intent of this flag is for the rare model where the ISC logic is significantly slowing down convergence.  We can use this flag to basically make everything more aggressive.  For models that don't need this you won't see any impact by this flag, which is what you are seeing.

Really, I think I have only seen this flag used twice.  So it is really an edge case when it needs to be used.

Cheers,

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report