Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding volume of a cfd created air part - crashing solver

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
bananaboat17
222 Views, 3 Replies

Finding volume of a cfd created air part - crashing solver

I have a pretty complex housing, and would like to determine it's internal air volume. Since CFD creates the air part, I was wondering if there is a way to extract the volume of the created part? I know you can see the overall simulation volume in the status file after meshing, but my model is crashing the solver during meshing. I'm telling it to solve 0 runs, but it gives this error: "The Analysis has stopped because the Solver has exited unexpectedly". I have tried closing the rest of the programs on my computer, but the solver still crashes. Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: bananaboat17

Hi,

Yo ucould use the 'Part' option in results to calculate this? Select the volume and press 'Calculate'. It does need to be meshed though.

Sounds like something in your setup is causing an issue, please share your CFZ file.

Are you running on a local drive? You do need to be, this can also cause the error you are seeing.

Thanks!

Jon

Message 3 of 4
bananaboat17
in reply to: Jon.Wilde

Thank you Jon,

Yes, I am running on a local drive. Could I send you the share file directly? I have been asked not to post our geometry to a public forum.

-Abbey

Message 4 of 4
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: bananaboat17

Sure can. It looks like you have a suscription contract with us, so could you log a case on the subscription center and we can work on it from there?

Thanks!

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report