Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FFT capability

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
OmkarJ
312 Views, 5 Replies

FFT capability

I was wondering if Autodesk Simulation CFD has a provision to do Fourier Fast Transform (FFT). This is needed to understand the dominant frequency in vortex shedding etc.

OJ

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Royce_adsk
in reply to: OmkarJ

Hi Omkar,

No it doesn't, but I may have a solution for you.  Lets take this into a case so we can discuss?  I have been working on another exchange app that I need test users to vet out and provide some feedback before I release to the public.  Can you log a case and add a note to make me the case owner?

Thanks,

Royce

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

Message 3 of 6
OmkarJ
in reply to: Royce_adsk

Well, this question was more out of curiosity and not something that is related to my current assignments at work and hence I am not sure if I can log a case on company's account. 

Is there a possibility to participate in any other way?

OJ

Message 4 of 6
Royce_adsk

If you have something interesting to test that you have confidence with sure!

Maybe we can just work it through the forum then if you can share your model? Then we might get others interested as well.

-Royce

Royce.Abel

Message 5 of 6
OmkarJ
in reply to: Royce_adsk

I know that open source software like GNU Octave (a clone of MATLAB) and Paraview (even MS Excel) can do this, but then, you need to obtain the data from SimCFD into csv and then feed it to these codes, at the same time learn the scripting involved. If there is a standalone utility that is integrated with SimCFD, things will be easier and faster!

In spare time I am working on a case. I will share once I have some results. 

Thanks for the interest 🙂

OJ

Message 6 of 6
Royce_adsk

OJ,

I already have all that scripted out and automated to excel for my own uses.

-Royce

Royce.Abel

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums