Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature to crate flow simulation animation on agitation tank

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
are_peace86
564 Views, 4 Replies

Feature to crate flow simulation animation on agitation tank

Hi all ,

i'm newbies and my name is are_peace. currently im doing simulation of rational region on agitation simulation , just to ask about flow simulation . currently im still searching the flow simulation of rotational region on agitation tank . Just now it already done but flow simulation does not appear , so i just to ask special feature to monitor the flow on stirrer region . Please help me 

attach here is plane is rotational region on agitation tank and actual agitation tank 

Best Regard ,

Mohd Hafiz

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: are_peace86

Hi,

What is your exact question here? The results look OK 🙂

Message 3 of 5
are_peace86

Hi all ,

Currently im doing simulation by using rotational region and different scalar of fluid but flow of rotational region simulation does not appear , so im asking you to show me any related feature of simulation CFD to make rotional region and flow of liquid inside the region . Actually im required to find flow of fluid and powder without stagnant condition occur so im just want to know how the flow can be solve the stagnant of powder . Basicly the simulation are representing the mixing agitation tank using solvent and powder . 

its im right sir ? 

Best Regard ,

Message 4 of 5
Jon.Wilde

I think I understand, you cannot see any flow within the rotating region?

We are unlikely to be able to represent power mixing within a fluid, unless you can treat them as basically the same type of fluid, one which has 0 powder initially and one which is 100% powder?

Kind regards,

Jon

Message 5 of 5

From the image it is difficult to tell the issue:

1) make sure the rotating region is meshed and not suppressed

2) make sure you have sufficient elements in the rotating region to capture the detail of the blade geometry

3) be sure to run enough 'time' to get a flow solution started within the rotating region

As I mentioned in a previous post and Jon is mentioning now:

*Start with fluid only (no powder, no scalar)

Get comfortable with this as even in this situation you can get an understanding of stagnant regions that might be problematic.

Once comfortable, then look to add scalar where Scalar 0 = main fluids density and then Scalar 1 = 10% denser than main fluid (with powder)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report