Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External volume creation error

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
up613241
772 Views, 5 Replies

External volume creation error

So I'm having errors whenever I try to create an external volume (attached) immediately after that it just crashes.

I had a lot of issue importing the file into simulate, so its running off a PTC creo active model, importing the geometry in any other way doesn't work. If that is important.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: up613241

Hi,

There is likely something in the geom causing this. Have you tried launching through Inventor Fusion? This could help clean it up. Have you considered drawing the external volume in CAD?

Message 3 of 6
up613241
in reply to: Jon.Wilde

well from a geometry standpoint the model is clean nothing from model check or anything.

running it though inventor professional and it still wont run only it comes up with a diffrent error of "Failed to call pServer.CoCreateInstance(CLSID_InventorServer)"
concidered drawing the external volume on CAD only that fails at import compleatly.

Message 4 of 6
Jon.Wilde

Hi,

Are you able to share any of these files? A CAD format like xt or sat would be useful. What CAD was this created in?

Kind regards,

Jon

Message 5 of 6
up613241
in reply to: Jon.Wilde

Was created in Creo 2 so they are .prt files.

can't attach a .sat so i've uploaded it to my gdrive.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1dZzVZ9hP1yWVRnRUhWRFN3Q2s/edit?usp=sharing

Message 6 of 6
Jon.Wilde

Please try Inventor Fusion, I opened your sat into there and then directly into CFD. External Volume was created fine and it runs without issue.

I do think you should consider running this in 2D though, to be able to apply the mesh needed to capture the results accurately.

Kind regards,

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report