Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when launching from Revit

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
stephaniefleming
270 Views, 4 Replies

Error when launching from Revit

Hi, I'm trying to use Simulation CFD 2013, but every time I try to launch a very simple Revit model (just a generic extrusion) I get the message "OpenGL Error: RenderContext is NULL" and when I close the message Simulation CFD crashes. I've attached a screenshot of the error message. I have checked my graphic card dirver and it is up to date. Does anyone know how I can prevent this from happening? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi -

I'm not sure of solutions at this point, but could use more information.

Can you describe your operating system?  (terms like, Win 7 x64 English language for example)

Can you share which version of Revit and if it is earlier than 2014, which installation (One box, MEP, Architeture for example)

Can you attach your simple Revit model?

Last question, Can you proceed through the launch process without closing that window?  (note if you do see the error message in the cmd window - closing the window will crash the program)

Ideally, if you could do a video screen capture of your entire process from opening a model in Revit and launching, I may be able to determine the cuase of the problem.  Jing, YouTube links can all be successful to attach.

Thanks,

Peggy

Message 3 of 5

Hi,

"I get the message "OpenGL Error: RenderContext is NULL"

The message tells me that the error came from your video card. I guess the OpenGL driver of our video card is pretty old, Can you check to see which OpenGL version are you using? Or, you can directly go to the vendor's support/download web portal to download the latest driver to update your video card. Let us know if the latest driver still doesn't work with Simulation CFD 2013.

Regards,

Ted Liang

Message 4 of 5

Hi Ted,

Thanks for the reply, I think my graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce
9400M. I did run a search for updates and it seems that my driver is
the latest version. Simulation CFD 2013 still does not work. Do you
have any other suggestions? Thanks,

Stephanie
Message 5 of 5

Hi Peggy,

Thanks so much for the response. The problem seems to have been fixed,
but I will post with more information if it happens again!

Stephanie

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report