Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR The analysis has stopped because solver had exited unexpected​ly

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Engineer4Life
428 Views, 2 Replies

ERROR The analysis has stopped because solver had exited unexpected​ly

Hello, I have setup a very simple enclosed room with two openings one for supply air and another for return. I have defined all materials for walls and inside air volume and defined the boundary conditions for the supply air of 95 deg and 500 CFM and 0 pressure for the return. I set meshing to autosize. Under Solve I set physics for heat transfer and made sure to set the gravity. Despite double and triple checking the solver fails to run. I get a "the analysis has stopped because solver had exited unexpectedly" error. I have attached the CFZ file for anyone willing to take a look at it. Successfully running this simple scenario will allow me to try and run a more complex scenario for our project. Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: Engineer4Life

Hi, please could you attach the cfz rather than a cfdst (which we cannot open), then one of us can take a look, thank you!

Message 3 of 3
Engineer4Life
in reply to: Jon.Wilde

Thanks for the reply. I found out the reason the model was crashing was because I was running the simulation off the company server instead of on the local machine the software is installed. We are normally supposed to do all work in the project folder on the server. Apparently this CFD software requires resources that were not available to it due to insufficient read/write previllages bestowed upon myself and all other employees. I hope others finds this useful and go straight to simulating on the C: drive and save themselves hours of head aches.

Regarding the cfz file. Does it contain all model information that you can open on your end? Where can I find it? I do not see it, are my file extenions turned off in windows explorer?

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report