Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: 0:7:,... black screen

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
887 Views, 8 Replies

Error: 0:7:,... black screen

Every time I open "regions mesh sizing"  menu (to create/edit the regions) this black screen pops up, if I leave it open I can continue my work (the black screen is generating/updating the errors,... when I move the pointer over the CFD model), and I guess nothing will be saved after this screen show up!.

If I attempt to close the black screen the main program will be closed with it (it will crash).

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
ryan.arnaudin
in reply to: Anonymous

Could you try setting the glsl flag using Flag Manager and let us know if that helps? 

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: ryan.arnaudin

Thanks for your reply, I've included the flag (tried both zero and one) but still having the problem.
Please see attached file.

Do you think this a monitor or graphic card error?

BTW, I'm using CFD 2015, SP2 on Win 7, 64bit, SP1
Message 4 of 9
ryan.arnaudin

Can you try setting the flag to -1? That will force software rendering.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

(-1) is not working either, as soon as I open that menu (or try to do edit regions from the design suty bar) the black screen pops up.

Message 6 of 9
ryan.arnaudin

I will check with the developers to see if they have other ideas on what might be causing this or how to fix it.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

I just erased the old regions and created a new one and here is what happens:

1- I see the blue dividers that I havebeen able to see before!. (please see attached file)

2-There was no "black screen" til I clicked on "Get local mesh size" button

glsl=(-1)

Thanks for your help.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

Hi Ryan,

Just wanted to remind you about this issue, please keep me informed if you found a solution.

Thank you,

A.K.

Message 9 of 9
ryan.arnaudin

If I understand, you can continue working with the black window in the background, right? If so, the recommendation/workaround is just to minimize that window and continue with the simulation.

From what we can tell this is a hardware-specific issue. We've seen it on a couple test machines. I will send you a private message with some further details/suggestions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report