Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloadable Add-Ins or Apps for SIM CFD

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
derrek.cooper
4585 Views, 22 Replies

Downloadable Add-Ins or Apps for SIM CFD

We recently launched apps via the Autodesk App Store. Below is a screenshot. Lots of cool stuff in the works.

https://360.autodesk.com/Public/Details?hash=HaZHCza

appstore.jpg

Derrek Cooper
Director, Inventor Products
22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23

To be clear, the previous link was an image of what the App Store looked like.. Here is the actual link..

http://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/SCFD/Home/Index

Derrek Cooper
Director, Inventor Products
Message 3 of 23
Royce_adsk
in reply to: derrek.cooper

Cv Calculator Tool was recently updated to account for some code errors in the gas portion of the tool.  I also fulfilled some enhancemet request from users that contacted me.

-Royce

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

Message 4 of 23
Cscelzi

I downloaded the export to showcase app for simulation 360 and it doesnt seem to come into the program. I think it could be because it is a cloud software and not computer based. Have you had any issues with it?

Message 5 of 23
Royce_adsk
in reply to: Cscelzi

New App available!

SimCFD Pump Automation.. Check it out and leave some feedback!

Thanks,

Royce

Royce.Abel

Message 6 of 23
klasu123

You clicked to the button Free to Download "SIM CFD Showcase Exporter" and they open

a window with message "Save File"

BUT YOU CAN'T SAVE IT TO YOUR HARDDISK. Nothing happend!

Please Help! Thak you!

Message 7 of 23
ilyas_drawbridge

I downloaded and installed the Showcase Add-In and found that I need to launch Simulation CFD first, followed by opening the design study file in order to have the Add-In tab available in the ribbon. If I simply double click the CFDST file to launch Simulation CFD, the Add-In tab is not there.

Message 8 of 23
samwicks
in reply to: klasu123

klasu123,

I had a similar problem - I found that using DownThemAll for Firefox allowed me to download the file.

Message 9 of 23
klasu123
in reply to: samwicks

Hello Samwicks, please download it with Internet-Explorer. You cant download with Fire-Fox! Regards Klasu
Message 10 of 23
Royce_adsk

New App available!

SimCFD to Simulation Mechanical

This helps you migrate your CFD pressure results to a Autodesk Simulation Mechanical model.

For all interested a new app has been posted to the App Exchange:

-Royce

Royce.Abel

Message 11 of 23
emil84
in reply to: Royce_adsk

Hi guys,

I'm having no luck getting the CFD Showcase Exported 2.0 to Work for Simulation CFD. I have tried to install it and repair it multipy times, but it won't show up on the ribbon even though it says the installation was a success. I also tried Ilya's  advice to start the software first and then open the design study file, but still no luck.  This is quite urgent, so I was wondering if  there is a manual way of installing it (copying key files one-by-one the directy and chaning loading files), or perhaps is version 1.0 available which I could try? What are my best optinos here?

Many thanks for your help in advance.

Message 12 of 23
Royce_adsk
in reply to: emil84

What version of CFD are you using?

Royce.Abel

Message 13 of 23
klasu123

Hi,

I think CFD Showcase Exported 2.0 works for Autodesk Simulation CFD 2014

and for Autodesk SImulation Showcase 2014.

Do someone tried the mix AD CFD 2013 with AD Showcase 2014 or converse ?

Regards,

Klasu123

Message 14 of 23
ilyas_drawbridge
in reply to: klasu123

I tried the Showcase Exporter 2.0 with Sim CFD 2014 and opened it in Showcase 2013. No problem at all. Though there are no indications that the exporter is the 2.0 version except that the exported fbx file contain iso surfaces and separate parts in the organizer. Perhaps there is an easier way to check the version that i'm missing.

Message 15 of 23
emil84

Hi,

I'm using Simulation CFD 2013, which doesn't seem to work with the exporter. Does the Exporter 2.0 only work for 2014? How about the 1.0 version? I do hope there's a way to get Simulation 2013 files into Showcase. 

Thanks

Message 16 of 23
Royce_adsk

The 2.0 release is for 2014 only and the initial showcase exporter is for 2013. I thought we were going to leave both versions available to download. Let me see where the 1.0 version went.

-Royce

Royce.Abel

Message 17 of 23
emil84

Great to know (there is hope!). I really appreciate your help.

Many thanks

Emil

Message 18 of 23
Royce_adsk

For those that were monitoring this conversation. The Showcase 1.0 (for 2013 only) is now available at the app exchange store. Sorry for the period of time that it was not posted.

Thanks,
Royce

Royce.Abel

Message 19 of 23
vijay.kadli

Hi there!!!!

I have Installed this app SimCFD Pump Automation.

But I am not able to find it in ribbon.

I am using cfd 2013. and I also have tried all toubleshoot options.

I have installed the add in first then restart the computer and then launch CFD simulation but still couldn find it.

I would admire your help with this

Thanks

mail : vijay.kadli@cadstudio.co.in

Message 20 of 23
Royce_adsk
in reply to: vijay.kadli

I emailed Vijay, but a reminder to all. The pump automation is not supported for 2013 desktop. It does work for 2013 360 and beyond.

Royce.Abel

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report