Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Not Know How to Start a New Design

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
epk_906
338 Views, 3 Replies

Do Not Know How to Start a New Design

Hello everyone,

This might sound stupid, but I have already downloaded the free student version of the Autodesk CFD simulation software and would like to immediately start designing in 3D. BUT, the problem is I cannot find anything or an idea how to start. Maybe like a button to have a blank sheet so that I can start designing, or I must use other method to design. Please advise. I have attached the print screen of the start up page. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
min113
in reply to: epk_906

I have same problem.

Message 3 of 4
min113
in reply to: epk_906

So i tried to create a new design directly from inventor (i have 2013). but it didnt work. So i saved a part as PARASOLIC TEXT FILE .x_t.  It can find  SAVE AS => SAVE COPY AS.  Then i opened my student version of simulation CFD and clicked on new, found my_file.x_t and wrote my design study name. Then it worked. Try it and say me if it works on your pc. Take care

Message 4 of 4
Royce_adsk
in reply to: min113

Just as an overview of the basic process you might find this interesting.  Just remember that there is no geometry creation tools inside SimCFD.

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Simulation_CFD/enu/2013/Help/0138-The_Proc138

-Royce

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report