Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Results Between CFD 2014 and 2015

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mbrancac
308 Views, 2 Replies

Different Results Between CFD 2014 and 2015

Hi all, 

I'm pretty new to cfd modeling, but am currently trying to obtain a residence time distribution for a CO2 tracer in air inside a flowtube. I am using a piecewise scalar boundary condition at the inlet (diffusion coeff = CO2 in air) to simulate a 10 second pulse of CO2 into the flowtube. I am then tracking bulk results for the scalar on the outlet plane over time. 

For some reason, I am getting a very different distribution after switching between CFD 2014 and CFD 2015, even though the mesh, boundary conditions, and solver setup seem to be identical. I have also compared the default flag settings for both and they appear to be the same. 

I'm looking for suggestions for other settings I should check, or other defaults that might be different for the two versions. 

Thanks. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Royce_adsk
in reply to: mbrancac

Hi!

Are you able to share your 2014 & 2015 support share file so we can see what you were doing?

Thanks!

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

Message 3 of 3
mbrancac
in reply to: Royce_adsk

Here's the link to the folder containing the support share files: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ybd1qclng3z8qq/Autodesk%20Share%20Files.zip

The 2014 version is called Flowtube_D_A and the 2015 version is Flowtube_D2_2. Let me know if you need anything else. 

Thanks. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report