Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design study environment crashed-queued runs

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
ssenbore
603 Views, 1 Reply

Design study environment crashed-queued runs

I have a simulation that has crashed and the design study environment will not open. What I did:

1. Created 3 simulations (started one and queued 2).
  2. Closed Sim CFD (and the solver processes were still running.
  3. Runs 1 and 2 finished. Run 3 was taking too long.
  4. I opened the Sim CFD Job Monitor, right-clicked on Run 3 and selected ‘Stop Job’. The status showed that the analysis will finish at the end of the current iteration.
  5. I shut down the computer (before the current iteration had finished) – I planned to get rid of Run 3 anyway.
  6. I started up my computer.
  7. I opened SimCFD and while it was loading the scenarios, it showed the “A software problem has caused Autodesk Simulation SCDSE to close unexpectedly” error.

NOTE: This particular design study had about 2 designs, and about 12-15 scenarios between both designs.  Since I was unable to create a cfz of the design study, I have zipped up the entire directory and uploaded it to Google drive.  The link is here.  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-Ea9c9_8p14aC1JbXVDOF9KYjA/edit?usp=sharing  (Note: It is 7.5 GB).

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
OmkarJ
in reply to: ssenbore

You may have a cfz file created in the folder you have your simulation automatically. One workaround is to open this, solve for 0 iteration to create a mesh, copy all the files from Solver folder of crashed simulation to the Solver forlder of this simulation and run from the last iteration to map the results on the mesh. This way you can recover all the scenarios for which the results were saved.

Sometimes, it may also work to delete the folder of the name of the scenario that you suspect caused the problem (supposedly the last one?. Deleting that and opening the cfdst file may help, but not guaranteed. Make sure you have a backup before you risk this. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report