Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay in showing results

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
PSpiegel
271 Views, 4 Replies

Delay in showing results

Hi,

while I'm solving my szenario i get the update of my results only every once in a while, with a time delay of about 1 minute and then lots of iterations at one moment. Is there a chance to get a more "real-time" update of the results. I'm using CFD 360 2015.

Best regards,

Philipp

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Royce_adsk
in reply to: PSpiegel

Hi Philipp,

Due to overhead of data transfer and size that models can become it isn't pratical to provide real-time results showing every iteration like what you see with the desktop platform.  An update every minute doesn't seem too bad to me in my opinion.

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

Message 3 of 5
hartogj

Hi Philipp,

Intermediate results are sent back every so often depending on a number of factors. For slow internet connections and large models, there tends to be bigger time intervals between the results. Based on feedback from users, we did some tuning in version 2015 that reduced the total amount of data transfer needed for the whole simulation. It's provided nice benefits on most models but we are continuing to test and refine. If you can share your model we'd be glad to see if there's anything we can do off the bat to help with transfers.

Jon

Jon den Hartog

Product Manager
Message 4 of 5
PSpiegel

Hi Jon,

thanks for the answer. I additionally have to say, that I have the CFD360 2015 Version including the "local solve" option, which i always use. So there is (at least I think so) no data transmission between the cloud and my desktop computer.

rgds

Philipp

Message 5 of 5
Royce_adsk

Hi Philipp,

You are correct, nothing is transfered to the cloud, but the backend logic still exists as what would exist if you were to run in the cloud.

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report