Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defrosting simulation

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
JIP6674
282 Views, 2 Replies

Defrosting simulation

Hi all,

I'm doing a defrosting simulation,

Boundary conditions -14ºC ext and 20ºC int. The glass is heated by 4 heaters.

First I do the flow simulation and once converged I do the transient analysis, do you think this is the correct approach t this problem.

See attached pictures of parameters used.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: JIP6674

Hi,

If you are not looking at a natural convection analysis (which would include air_variable and gravity) then yes, you can run flow first and thermal second.

Check that your external surfaces are sensible - should they be a fixed temperature or maybe a film coefficient? The latter might be better unless the walls are 100% fixed at a temp.

Don't use an unknown condition (this is more for compressible analyses). Refer to the guide here for a nice natural convection setup - or use forced convection.

Thanks,

Jon

Message 3 of 3
JIP6674
in reply to: Jon.Wilde

Thanks, the external -14ºC is fixed but interior 20ºC could be a film coefficient.

Regarding the transient analysis, I've tried but it seems no to work well, I set time step 1 second and I want to store each 60 seconds til it reaches 20minutes, It only shows me after calulation the first 6 or 7 seconds.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report