Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

concentration calculation from general scalar simulation

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
sshoeb42
438 Views, 3 Replies

concentration calculation from general scalar simulation

Hi Guys,

I am trying to study the fluid 1 displacement by fluid 2 using general scalar simulation for a given volume. I have few questions as follows

1. for a given boundary conditions the given volume should be filled in 0.011 sec but when i run it. it takes around 0.05 sec. I dont know why it is taking so long time. can anyone explain.

2. How to calculate the volumes of fluid 1 and fluid 2 after iam done with my simulation using scalar value. or may be concentration of fluid 1 and fluid 2.

Thanking you,

Shoeb.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: sshoeb42

Hi Shoeb, 

I can try to help you out here.

1. What are the fluids and what value are you using as the diffusion coefficient? Do you have Intelligent Solution Control turned on or off?
  2. I will have to leave this one to someone else as I do not think we can actually do this. We can meausure the scalar (which you can convert to concentration by hand) on a cut-plane but I'm not sure we can give you a ratio within the fluid volume.

Hopefully that helps you a little and with some more information on point 1 we might be able to help more.

Kind regards,

Jon

Message 3 of 4
sshoeb42
in reply to: Jon.Wilde

Hi Jon,

I took Fluid 1 (air) and fluid 2 (co2) I used the diffusion coefficient recommended i.e., 0.16 cm2/sec. when I used to run the simulation before without using scalar calculation i.e., just for flow calculations I didn't have problem with divergence. but when I started simulating the scalar simulation I had divergence in solution after some time so i have to reduce the vel, pressure, density to 0.4 from 0.5 and also reduced scalar from 1 to 0.9.

I tried running with both intelligent solution control turned on and off. The only difference I found between two that the former stops when the convergence is reached before the time I want it to run I changed to stricter but the convergence reached before the time I told it to run.

Can you just explain how to measure the scalar by hand

Thanking you,
Shoeb.
Message 4 of 4
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: sshoeb42

Hi Shoeb,

You can capture the scalar on a cut-plane and should be able to convert it to a concentration just using the ratio of Air to CO2. As far as I know, there is no way to do this per volume.

Happy to take a look at your CFZ (support file) if you think it might help.

Thanks,

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report