Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change analysis units??

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
DelNegro
1888 Views, 3 Replies

Change analysis units??

When using CFD I have typically worked in milimeters.  My volumes have always been pretty small as well.  For some reason Pro/E doesn't like the units set to milimeters for the larger system I have set up.  When I convertied everything to 'meters' it was happy.  The problem now is when I import the parts into CFD, they come in as milimeters.  The only thing I can find in the manual is to right-click the "Geometry (mm)" line in my design study. This doesn't seem to work though.  I get no pop-up menu.  Is there another way to change the analysis units?  Does anyone know how to get the units to import correctly in the first place?

I would prefer to simply change the units instead of re-importing as the rest of the model is all set up.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Royce_adsk
in reply to: DelNegro

This was a recent suggestion that I sent in: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Simulation-CFD-IdeaStation/Change-Units-without-having-to-Save-out-a-S...

Basically, to change your units you will need to save out a share file and when you open the share file you will be able to change the units from the geometry line in the design study bar.

-Royce

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

Message 3 of 4
DelNegro
in reply to: Royce_adsk

Thanx Royce. I'll try that.
Message 4 of 4
JohnTomasik6493
in reply to: DelNegro

Note to those who do this....make sure your share file is without mesh.  Otherwise, the option to change units will still not be available.  At least this is the case still in v2015.  Nice shareware, guys....LOL.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report