Discussion Groups

Simulation CFD

Contributor
DelNegro
Accepted Solution

Change analysis units??

310 Views, 2 Replies
06-24-2013 05:55 AM

When using CFD I have typically worked in milimeters.  My volumes have always been pretty small as well.  For some reason Pro/E doesn't like the units set to milimeters for the larger system I have set up.  When I convertied everything to 'meters' it was happy.  The problem now is when I import the parts into CFD, they come in as milimeters.  The only thing I can find in the manual is to right-click the "Geometry (mm)" line in my design study. This doesn't seem to work though.  I get no pop-up menu.  Is there another way to change the analysis units?  Does anyone know how to get the units to import correctly in the first place?

I would prefer to simply change the units instead of re-importing as the rest of the model is all set up.

Please use plain text.
Product Support
Royce_adsk

Re: Change analysis units??

06-24-2013 09:19 AM in reply to: DelNegro

This was a recent suggestion that I sent in: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Simulation-CFD-IdeaStation/Change-Units-without-having-to-Save-out-a-S...

Basically, to change your units you will need to save out a share file and when you open the share file you will be able to change the units from the geometry line in the design study bar.

-Royce

Royce Abel
Please use plain text.
Contributor
DelNegro

Re: Change analysis units??

06-24-2013 09:31 AM in reply to: Royce_adsk
Thanx Royce. I'll try that.
Please use plain text.