Discussion Groups

Simulation CFD

Michael.Koch

CFD crash on each start

258 Views, 3 Replies
01-09-2013 12:05 AM

Hello,

i have a big problem with CFD after we changed some hardware (SSD) and installed Win7 (Prof 64bit).

CFD crashes on every startup with an error (picture). I already installed SP1 and disabled the TabletInputServices but still nothing works. We are running CFD 2013 on 4 different Computers (XP,Win7,...) with no problems.

There is also a problem with the start of inventor, here nothing happens (no program and no errors).

Anyone an idea?

Thanks for reading and help

Please use plain text.
Product Support
Royce_adsk

Re: CFD crash on each start

01-09-2013 06:42 AM in reply to: Michael.Koch

There is an active case open with support regarding this issue.  We will try to update the forum with the resolution.

Royce Abel
Please use plain text.
*Expert Elite*
OmkarJ

01-09-2013 07:20 AM in reply to: Michael.Koch

Just yesterday I encountered the similar problem in Inventor as I was greeted with the similar error window.  With all efforts in vain, I used the age-old solution for most software problems: uninsitall-install. And it was alright. Took me few minutes but at least I resumed work!

Don't know if SimCFD responds similarly though.

OJ

Please use plain text.
Product Support
Royce_adsk

01-09-2013 08:13 AM in reply to: OmkarJ

When I uninstall and reinstall when there are running issues I like delete the following folders after uninstalling.

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Simulation CFD 2013

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Simulation CFD 2013

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Simulation CFD 2013

When you install the next time make sure you right click on the installer and pick 'run as admin'.

Royce Abel
Please use plain text.