Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Centrifugal Pump Tutorial Issue

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
grant
493 Views, 4 Replies

Centrifugal Pump Tutorial Issue

Hi

I am Working on CFD 2015

I am Currently Working through the tutorials, and have gotten to the centrifugal pump tutorial.

I receive different results compared to the tutorial and im really not sure where im going wrong. I dont know if its in the creation of the rotating region material or in applying the material correctly. I really need to get this figured out.

When applying the Rotating Region Material, i need to set the axis rotation, and i am not sure when to make negative and when to make possitive because obviouslty that will assign the rotating dirrection, ive run the simulation with it both negative and positive and still come out with different values.

Can someone please help me out with this, it would really be appreciated.

ive attched a zip file of the setup if someone can have a look for me and help me out

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: grant

Hi Grant,

Use your right hand and make a fist. The rotation of the impeller will be denoted by your fingers and the axis will be your thumb 🙂

So the axis here would be -z.

Are you to be running Rotating Region models in future? If so, check this out: Rotating Region Best Practices.

Thanks,

Jon

P.S - no need to zip files up, just share a CFZ in future, that will be pre-compressed 😉

Message 3 of 5
grant
in reply to: Jon.Wilde

Thanks Jon

The information will be extremely helpful Smiley Happy

However i am still not sure as to what i have done wrong in the model attached.

its kinda got me baffeled.

Please let me know what ive done wrong

Message 4 of 5
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: grant

Hi Grant,

Your setup looks OK - it makes me question the results posted online 🙂

What are you seeing vs what we are predicting?

Thanks,

Jon

Message 5 of 5
grant
in reply to: Jon.Wilde

Hi Jon

Well i would expect to see flow through the pump due to the rotation, which is what the Online tutorial shows.

However when i run the tutorial what i see from my results is that it doesnt really show flow through the pump. when i add traces from the inlet they kind bunch up in the centre of the rotating reagion.

i have attached screen shots of the results

What results did you get?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report