Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't display heat flux vectors

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
damien.frost
277 Views, 2 Replies

Can't display heat flux vectors

I am currently trying to simulate a multi layer device which generates heat at its core. I would like to visualize the heat flux vectors through the device and into the surrounding air in my model.

After simulating, I can visualize the velocity vector of the air just fine as the device heat up the air. When I try to display the Wall Heat Flux vectors I do not see anything. I've tried multiple different ways to do it, but in general I followed the steps in this tutorial. What is interesting is that when I change the length of the vectors in the edit dialog box and close it, they return to 0 when I re-open the edit dialog box.

I am new to autodesk, so I suspect I am doing something fundamentally wrong. Has anyone else tried to visualize heat flux vectors? I haven't found anything online yet.

Thanks,

Damien

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: damien.frost

Hi Damien,

You are not doing anything obviously wrong, we just cannot show heat flux vectors - we only show vectors within the fluid.

Kind regards,

Jon

Message 3 of 3
damien.frost
in reply to: Jon.Wilde

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the info. Is it possible to show the wall heat flux vectors? It is an option under the "Vector". When I select this option, nothing shows up. What is it used for?

Thanks,

Damien

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report