Discussion Groups

Simulation CFD

damien.frost

Can't display heat flux vectors

84 Views, 2 Replies
11-05-2013 10:05 AM

I am currently trying to simulate a multi layer device which generates heat at its core. I would like to visualize the heat flux vectors through the device and into the surrounding air in my model.

After simulating, I can visualize the velocity vector of the air just fine as the device heat up the air. When I try to display the Wall Heat Flux vectors I do not see anything. I've tried multiple different ways to do it, but in general I followed the steps in this tutorial. What is interesting is that when I change the length of the vectors in the edit dialog box and close it, they return to 0 when I re-open the edit dialog box.

I am new to autodesk, so I suspect I am doing something fundamentally wrong. Has anyone else tried to visualize heat flux vectors? I haven't found anything online yet.

Thanks,

Damien

Please use plain text.
Product Support
wildej

Re: Can't display heat flux vectors

11-06-2013 01:18 AM in reply to: damien.frost

Hi Damien,

You are not doing anything obviously wrong, we just cannot show heat flux vectors - we only show vectors within the fluid.

Kind regards,

Jon

Jon Wilde
Please use plain text.
damien.frost

Re: Can't display heat flux vectors

11-06-2013 01:51 AM in reply to: wildej

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the info. Is it possible to show the wall heat flux vectors? It is an option under the "Vector". When I select this option, nothing shows up. What is it used for?

Thanks,

Damien

Please use plain text.