Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculate Circumferential Velocity and show result on a plane

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
reuther.marcel
1482 Views, 4 Replies

Calculate Circumferential Velocity and show result on a plane

Hey community,

I'm new here and hope you can help me. I've got a tube flow with flow direction to the x-axis. Because of swirl I also want to calculate the resulting circumferential velocity. At the "results" I can see the velocity in y-direction and in z-direction on a plane. I just want to calculate the resulting circumferential velocity. Is this somehow possible?

Thank you in adavance.

Regards

MR

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
OmkarJ
in reply to: reuther.marcel

How about finding the individual Y and Z velocities and take the vector addition of the two?

OJ

Message 3 of 5
reuther.marcel
in reply to: OmkarJ

Thank you for your response. Can you explain me how can I calculate the addition of two vectors?

Regards

MR

Message 4 of 5
OmkarJ
in reply to: reuther.marcel

I hope by circumferential, you meant tangential (ie in YZ plane). If you want to calculoate the velocity at any point, just use the normal vector addition rules and find the angle. But if you want to see the contours of the tangential velocities, then you need to define a custom variable and I think SimCFD does not allow it.

OJ

Message 5 of 5
cheidusc
in reply to: OmkarJ

I am also interested in your solution. I have calculated the vector in the YZ Plane. But how can I calculate the tangential velocity?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report