Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAD model will not open/launch in Simulation CFD

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
ckasunic
792 Views, 5 Replies

CAD model will not open/launch in Simulation CFD

I have a model constructed in autocad, and, while it does open in Simulation Mechanical, the model will not open in Simulation CFD. Additionally, Inventor Fusion does not give me the option to open my models in CFD, while it does give me the option to launch them in Mechanical. Any ideas why im having this issue? Any help is greatly appreciated!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ilyas_drawbridge
in reply to: ckasunic

Could it be that the geometry from AutoCAD is not suited for CFD. Sim CFD requires 3D CAD geometry which i believe is more than just 3D wireframe. Sim CFD does not solve for line elements. Sim Mech however, can make use of wireframe models as beam elements. As far as I know, Fusion should have the Sim CFD add-in, have you tried a reinstall?

Message 3 of 6

With all our software closed, try running SimCFDConfig.exe from the CFD installation folder. Right click and run it as Admin.

This ought to add the CFD button into Fusion for you.

Message 4 of 6
Royce_adsk

Your AutoCAD model is probably made up of Edges and not surfaces, the surfaces (at a minimum) is what you need to work inside of CFD.   The AutoCAD workflow hasn't been developed yet so I would get the Fusion launcher working as noted by Jon and prep your model there and launch into CFD from Fusion.

When working with 2D models make sure your geometry is located on the XY plane.

-Royce

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

Message 5 of 6
mikesnidersnider

Good Morning All,

I upgraded my processors and had to reinstall Simulation CFD 2014 so that it would use the new found power.  Now Fusion 2013 R1 will not lauch when the launch button is pushed.  I tried uninstalling an reinstalling Fusion and the button still will not lauch the setup screen for SimCFD.  I could not find the folder or exe program mentioned in this topic.  Please advise.  Thanks in advance.

Mike

Message 6 of 6

Hey Guys,

I got it.  Call off the dogs.  The short cut was set to run as "Administrator"  and this caused Fusion to hang.  Sorry for the false alarm.  Have a blessed Day!

Mike

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report