Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beginner CFD Tutorials

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
dicksolo
13454 Views, 3 Replies

Beginner CFD Tutorials

Really struggling to get the most basic CFD simulation to run.  Are there any tutorials available, other than the Autodesk ones?  Those tutorials really seem incomplete and not very helpful.

I'm trying to start as basic as possible so I created a simple hollow venturi.  I put a velocity at one side and a surface inlet/outlet at the other.  Meshed and ran and keep getting errors.  I attached the Inventor file.

I'm used to Solidworks Simulation which seems to be significantly easier to use.  Starting to think I made a mistake by going to Autodesk. (Thought it was an upgrade!).  Please help!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Royce_adsk
in reply to: dicksolo

Hi Jerry,

Have you gone through the basic training?  This is where everyone should start.

Could you attach your simulation CFD share file?  (Save As -> Save Share File -> Support type)

That way we can take a look at your setup to see what the issue is.

One common issue that new user run into is that they try to run models from the network and this is not generally supported.  This will generate an error as soon as you click on solve.

Thanks,

Royce

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

Message 3 of 4
ilyas_drawbridge
in reply to: dicksolo

Hi Jerry(?),

I have a feeling that something is out of place here. Inside Autodesk Simulation CFD, there is no boundary condition named Inlet/Outlet. However, Autodesk has another simulation software named Autodesk Simulation Multiphysics which also has CFD capabilities. That software has a boundary setup named Inlet/Outlet. If I am right, then you might be in the wrong forum.

Regards

Ilyas

Message 4 of 4

Good point! 

Maybe you should give SimCFD a try with the 360 trial?

Thanks,

Royce

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report