Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back to Solving????

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
sgold
369 Views, 4 Replies

Back to Solving????

So I get my notification emails last night that my runs have completed.  I have copies of the summary files!  I get in this morning and there's a runtime error with the Job Manager.  I restart the job manager and its showing only 20% done and stll in solve step!!!  I've let it sit for 20 minutes to see if it just needed to catch up, but to no avail!  Its just moving 1% at a time...

The other day I watched as one of my LONG runs was 3/4 finished and then went back to less than 10% solve!  When I thought I'd have results by the end of the day I had to wait till the next day for them!

These are not adaptation runs, they are fixed # of time step transient runs with fixed # of steps between.

--Scott

Scott G.

Using Inventor 2013/2014 and Vault Basic since 2012
Using Simulation Flow 360 since 2013 (sparingly, bear with me please)
6 years Solidworks (v2006-v2010)
10 years Pro-Engineer (v13-WF2) w/ Intralink (2.0-3.0) w/ Pro/Mechanica
2 years of Mechanical Desktop
AutoCAD since R12
First professional CAD: DrafixCAD
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
sgold
in reply to: sgold

And now I just watched the one that was furthest along (40% or so) go back to 1%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Scott G.

AutoCAD since R12
Message 3 of 5
Royce_adsk

Hi Scott,

I would suggest that you reach out to Support in a case and have us review your model to make sure it is ok.  Once you provide information on the jobs that are running we can also do some research on the actal jobs running to see what is going on in the backend.

I am surprised you had a notification email that it finished, but I have seen instances where if there is a backend issue that forces the model to fail it will restart the analysis.  

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

Message 4 of 5
sgold
in reply to: Royce_adsk

Royce,

This is a model I've run a couple of times, in fact these runs were just additional # of steps at the same time step.  My mass flows didn't converge, so I added more steps.  So I really don't think its a model issue.

It must have been some issue with the Job Manager crashing.

--Scott

Scott G.

AutoCAD since R12
Message 5 of 5
sgold

CRAP!  Now Its failed all 4 of the runs that supposedly freakin finished last night!   Took the Job Manager almost an hour to catch up with the email notifications.  

I'll file a report but with the time I screw around with that I might as well start the sim over again and wait 2 more days for results.  Because now I have to wait for 4 hours for this to fail and finish before I get to start it from scratch again since I'll lose the first 500 iterations as a result of the failure.

Scott G.

AutoCAD since R12

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report