Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automating Force/Moment Results

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
whg429
619 Views, 2 Replies

Automating Force/Moment Results

I'm trying to do an analysis on a fan in Autodesk Simulation CFD 2013. I'm looking for the forces and moments on different parts of the fan blades, and the only tool I can find that gives me that is the Wall Results.

The problem: I would like to run the same simulation on several materials and different speeds, perhaps even different blade sizes, etc, but I cannot figureo out how to get the Wall results to save to a spreadsheet in the Design Center during Automation. Is there a way to automate the saving of these results and write them all to a spreadsheet?

On a side note, when I automate several designs, I have to individually open each one to for it to calculate its results and add them to the Decision Center. Before I touch them, there is a symbol with a horizontal double headed arrow pointing left and right over the Design in the Design Study List. I assume there is a way to make these add automatically, perhaps an order thing, but I can't figure it out.

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
marco.mueller
in reply to: whg429

Hi,

if you use a rotating region there is a table automatically safed for each time step with forces and so on for each rotating region. It should be inside the scenario folder or is also accessible via the ribbon interface.

Marco

Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Marco Müller
Application Engineer Digital Simulation
Mensch und Maschine Deutschland GmbH
www.mum.de/cfd

Message 3 of 3
whg429
in reply to: marco.mueller

Marco,

Thanks. I'm planning on using those results as well, but they are a net summary. I'm looking for forces on specific surfaces, so I'm trying to use the Wall Calculator.

I'm also looking for the torque, but I'm not really sure how to define the moment axis on a rotating body. Or at all frankly, since the axis is not x, y, or z. Is there a tool to pick a part and find the coordinates parts of it?

-William

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report