Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annoying auto-reboot stopping simulations

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
OmkarJ
472 Views, 4 Replies

Annoying auto-reboot stopping simulations

Hello

It is so often these days, when I start the work in the morning  and turn on the monitor expecting the results of at least one simulation ready for the post-processing. And I realise that my system has rebooted and SimCFD is no longer running.When I open the simulations that I kept running, I realise that only first scenario in the queue was run and all the other scenarios and other simulations show "Queued" message at the bottom.

Perhaps this query may be flagged as a general Windows OS query. So as a disclaimer I want to mention that I have taken all known steps to prevent Windows rebooting e.g. sleep/hibernate/shut-down setting as never, hard disc spin stop as never. I am sure Windows update hasn't restarted it since I don't see "Windows just installed updates" messages when I log in.

Can someone help me with this please? I am losing precious night-time runs of simulations and the timelines are suffering.

Regards

Omkar.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
apolo_vanderberg
in reply to: OmkarJ

Omkar,

A couple things to check:

Might want to look at your Event Viewer to see if there are any logs as to what caused the reboot.

In the event that you might be getting a system error and it is automatically rebooting the machine you could Uncheck the following "Automatically restart" box and if it is a system failure, you might be able to see it, as well you can ckeck the minidump file that is in systemroot to see if there is any information.

restart.jpg

Message 3 of 5
OmkarJ
in reply to: apolo_vanderberg

Thanks Apollo. I have done these settings and additionally, I have also installed a standalone utility called "Don't sleep" as an added measure.

Will see how it goes from here and update on this forum with my observations.

Cheers

OJ

Message 4 of 5
OmkarJ
in reply to: apolo_vanderberg

Alright, straight second day without restart!

I don't know if the unchecking of automatically restart option or the "Don't sleep 2.88" utility did the trick, but am happy so far.

Cheers

OJ

Message 5 of 5
OmkarJ
in reply to: OmkarJ

So far no problems! "Don't Sleep 2.88" and the unchecking of restart seems to have worked.  

Thanks

OJ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report