Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analysis has stopped because the Solver has exited Unexpectedly

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
thomas.larsen
649 Views, 3 Replies

Analysis has stopped because the Solver has exited Unexpectedly

Hi

I quite new on CFD, so I´m doing the tutorials as a start.

When I´m trying to solve the Reciever tutorial i´ve got the error that the solver has stopped.

I´ve uploaded the file

Any idea why.

Best Regards

Thomas

DDSThomas
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
sgold
in reply to: thomas.larsen

I've run into this myself, also being new to this software.  There's not a lot of explanation in the window, but I did finally find a help page.  Its probably not the answer you wanted, but its somewhere to start.

http://help.autodesk.com/view/SCDSE/2014/ENU/?caas=/caas/knowledgebase/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item-id-17...

Look at your mesh, issues with materials, etc.  I found my fill analyses were trying to run too many time steps and it causes a failure.

The lack of "why" is annoying...hopefully something that will be remedied in the near future.

The worst part for my fill analyses is I seem to lose all the prior time steps saved prior to the failure, so I have nothing to work with and have to start again.  grrr.

--Scott

Scott G.

Using Inventor 2013/2014 and Vault Basic since 2012
Using Simulation Flow 360 since 2013 (sparingly, bear with me please)
6 years Solidworks (v2006-v2010)
10 years Pro-Engineer (v13-WF2) w/ Intralink (2.0-3.0) w/ Pro/Mechanica
2 years of Mechanical Desktop
AutoCAD since R12
First professional CAD: DrafixCAD
Message 3 of 4
Royce_adsk
in reply to: thomas.larsen

Hello,

Your primary issue is that you defined the contact resistance on the outside of the chip.  This needs to be defined between 2 bodies and in your case that would be between the chip and the board.

Also, mind your gravity direction in reference to where you have applied your temperature boundary condition on your external domain.  You are going to want to have the temperature on the bottom face of the air domain.  Currently your gravity vector is the opposite of what you want.  So, you can switch which side the temperature is applied or switch the direction of your Z gravity vector.

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

Message 4 of 4
thomas.larsen
in reply to: Royce_adsk

Thanks Royce,  and now it works.Smiley Happy

DDSThomas

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report