Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Air Simulation of Moving 3D Objects

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
zebualvi
274 Views, 0 Replies

Air Simulation of Moving 3D Objects

Hi everyone,

I am design student working on a Motion Capture project for my class. My plan is to use motion tracking markers on Balloons and Paper planes and track their motion as they are thrown across the room. I will then take that data and use it with a 3D object (shaped like a balloon and paper plane) in 3DS Max or Maya.

Is it possible to use one of the Autodesk Simulation software to get a video of air particles reacting to these 3D objects as they move through the space/room? Basically when you throw a balloon across a space, it moves quickly and then suddenly stops while wobbling and spinning around. What I am trying to get from a simulation software is behavior of air particles as balloon moves and stops. My understanding is airflow simulation from watching a few episodes of Mythbusters is that it acts like some viscous solution in water which spreads and scatters when the main object moves. 

I would really appreciate if somebody can point me in the right direction. 

Thanks.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report