Community
CFD Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s CFD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular CFD topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2014 CFD crashes when opening legacy (2010) analyses

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
bananaboat17
488 Views, 2 Replies

2014 CFD crashes when opening legacy (2010) analyses

I'm trying to review the model and boundary conditions used in an old analysis, but CFD crashes each time I try to open the old analysis files. Has anyone else experienced this? Does this mean that all our old analyses are un-viewable?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
bananaboat17
in reply to: bananaboat17

In case it would help resolve the issue, I have tried to attach the share file generated when I attempt to open an old (2010) analysis. However, an error appears saying "The contents of the attachment doesn't match its file type." I even tried attaching the zipped version of the share file, but it is too large.

Meanwhile, I get the error window saying, "A software problem has caused Autodesk Simulation SCDSE to close unexpectedly." and an error report is generated if I try to open the analysis with CFD 2014. I sent an error report to Autodesk a few minutes ago. Please let me know how to get this problem resolved.

Message 3 of 3
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: bananaboat17

Hi,

It may be the case that we need to install some intermedate versions for specific files.

As you have a subscription contract with us, might you be able to log a case so that we can investigate further?

Kind regards,

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report