Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Interface Suggestions

User Interface Suggestions

After using the current user interface for most of this year, I have compiled a list of suggestions that I believe would be improvements.  Much of the list are features that I miss from the older interface.  Although the items seem fairly minor, I believe they could increase the efficiency of the UI.

1. Add Coordinate Axis to View Cube.  I personally dislike viewing the axis in the middle of the model, and change the default setting for this axis to be off.  It would be nice if an axis could be attached to the View Cube, as was in the classic interface.  It would also be convenient if the colors of the x,y,z axes would match the colors of the x,y,z velocity curves in the convergence plot.
  2. "Show Outlines" for results planes off by default.  When I work with results planes the first thing I do is turn off "show outlines."  The outlines are useful on occasion, but most of the time I prefer not to see them.  If I could change a setting such that the outlines are "off" by default, that would eliminate a lot of unnecessary mouse movements.
  3. Hot keys.  Assigning hot keys to commonly used commands would be a convenient time saver.  Although the classic interface did not have user assigned hot keys, it did have a hot key that I found very usefull ... the "f" key was Zoom (Fit All).  I still find myself hitting the "f" key, expecting to zoom out.
  4. Selection List window default to on.  I refer to the Selection List window a lot when creating a model, particularly when working with multiple entities.  I'd like to be able to set to Selection List window to be open by default.

The efficiency of the UI can be greatly improved by added a few customization features that would allow the individual analysts to personalize the software to match their particular workflow.  It wouild be good if others would post their suggestions, as well.

2 Comments
Jon.Wilde
Alumni

The first two suggestions here are very common, I concur that the software could be improved through their implementation.

hanfordke
Participant

Adding the coordinate axis to the view cube is an excellent idea!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report