Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undo

Undo

Build in some Undo functionality

8 Comments
hartogj
Community Manager

Definitely appreciate how 'undo' would be helpful. We have had the team take a look into how a global undo option could be incoprated into CFD. It really needs to be designed in from the beginning so is unlikely to show up in the near term, unfortunately. Hopefully the related capabilities we do have (mesh history, ability to recall  previous views, etc) will help. If there are other specific areas where it would be useful let us know.

Jon

Product Manager

Abelry
Autodesk

My suggestion is to start with the typical new user errors that can be resolved by an undo during the materials and boundary contition setup.

1 - I added a boundary conditions to the wrong volume/surface or assigned the wrong material

2 - I removed a boundary condition  or removed a matierial

This would have the biggest impact on the user experience and flatten the learning curve to include an undo workflow.

aasiu
Advocate

I am absolutely puzzled of why the undo function is missing.

Then, even more frustrated you guys are not doing anything to implement one.

Example of a ruined project: CAD update that did not go well. To add insult to the injury, the simulation file was saved even if I did not indicate that.

After having to deal with a primitive interface where object manipulation is a pain, there is also no undo button.

Sorry to say it, but the real world of electronics involves from tens to hundreds of components. If you claim that your software can handle this, please make an effort.

I am tired of doing workarounds for things that are supposed to be trivial. Anybody listening? A programmer should come and spend a day with me doing desing setups and design changes.

How is it even possible that this suggestion is not taken into consideration for future implementation???

DRoam
Mentor

I aggree with @Abelry that an undo option for basic common mistakes would be useful. I especially would like to see it for when I accidentally delete a boundary condition/initial condition.

timEVU8V
Community Visitor

I completely agree....Also HOW DO I UNDO???

aasiu
Advocate

Software could re-written in 5 years... Do you have more excuses?

jon.norris08
Contributor

close to purchasing this software, but couldn't agree more.. this gui is clearly that of one of Autodesk's templates which id imagine had the undo button, But feels like this software was a rushed release, instead of implementing the template properly, just did away with it. also see other issues, solver manager also seems incomplete, Its not much of a manager with only a couple of functions, the function to cancel jobs in the que doesn't seem to exist, server manager also doesn't seem to show localhosts. Seems incomplete. 

aasiu
Advocate
Hi,
This software never had an undo button, since Blue Ridge Numerics time..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report