Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publish verification models

Publish verification models

Suggestion: publish the model details for some/all of the verification models that Autodesk uses to benchmark SimCFD performance.  Ideally, there would be a share file, but even more useful would be a full listing or screenshots of all parameters used to build the model, even the miniscule ones buried in dialog boxes and flag settings, and perhaps a CAD model in a neutral format where data rights allow.

This would not only build confidence in the product by transparently showing how benchmark data was generated, but would provide valuable detailed educational material for end users trying to tune their models for best performance in specific scenarios, and in how to post-process model data to generate peer-review quality results. 

(An example is discussed here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/simulation-cfd/validation-models-available/m-p/4497275 but no reason is discussed for not sharing the files other than that they are not available.  Another case is here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/simulation-cfd/autodesk-simulation-cfd-fails-benchmark-test/td-p/52281... where a user is spending much of their valuable time trying to recreate a benchmark case that Autodesk has already run.)

1 Comment
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am completely on board with publishing all the details of the verification models. I have been using this CFD software since CFDesign 9.0 and everytime V&V must be performed for our projects, not having the verification suite problem information is an issue. Hard to believe that something as simple as providing more information on these problems is such a sticking point...

I am currently trying to recreate the Newtonian/non-Newtonian flow over a cylinder validation problem. It is impossible for me to recreate this problem, measuring overall pressure drop, without fluid material properties.

Anyone have insight as to where to find material properties for these validation problems?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report