Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Provide means to evaluate study accuracy in message window

Provide means to evaluate study accuracy in message window

My use of SimCFD is limited to fluids in closed volumes and I am always concerned about results accuracy.  Mesh design is a key to good accuracy.   I recently learned that the mass flow rate for the input and output is actually logged in one of the multitude of files the program generates.  Since mass should to be conserved, the values should be very close.  

I'd like to see this information as an output in the message window when the run of a study finishes so that a user doesn't need to go looking for it.  It could be reported as a ratio to imply model accuracy and printed in a red font if outside of parameters (preferably user selectable).  I can see the message suggesting that a study is really not complete, even if the study fully converged.  It could direct the user to further iterations, tightening of convergence parameters or the addition of mesh.  I could also see it being used to suggest that the user incorporate the adaptation features (perhaps to avoid starting the study from 0 with an all new mesh).

2 Comments
Royce_adsk
Community Manager

Something like this could be made into a 'Model Solution Check' app.  Let me ponder it for a little while.

ryan.arnaudin
Alumni

Even just a "solver finished" trigger script dropped in the default category might be sufficient! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report